We’re living in an age where we’re drowning in data yet still hungry for knowledge. Have you ever invested a lot of time and energy on a site survey to locate a solar installation only to find out that the desert tortoise has already staked a claim? Wouldn’t it have been nice to know that upfront? Perhaps mitigation is a possibility but how much is that going to cost? Would it be better to simply find a more suitable site? Of course it would! Most people do desktop reconnaissance before they head into the city on a Friday night to take in a show. You’d probably want to find parking between the venue and a descent restaurant. Most of use take for granted that we can use online maps to evaluate the lay of the land to save ourselves time and money. We can help you do the same for your business!
A Chinese proverb tells us that ‘A picture tells a ten thousand words’ and yet we all spend more time talking about our data than we do leveraging it. Almost all data has key dimensions that allow for creation of visualizations: time and location. By turning data into pictures we can save you time and money. Why not take advantage of spatial technology to reduce risk and delays for your next land development project?
We provide full lifecycle services to reduce risk and enhance planning and development tasks.
Siting Renewable Energy Facilities
- Preliminary desktop site suitability and fatal flaw analysis. A project-specific analysis for factors that could make or break a project including solar resource, terrain, land use, and proximity to essential or sensitive features.
- Preliminary desktop route evaluation. Selected sites undergo further analysis to identify preferred and alternate access and transmission routes.
- Acquisition and evaluation of existing spatial data, data integration, and data development using high-resolution aerial imagery, GPS collected spatial data, or digitizing hard-copy map data.
- Data conversion, processing, and integration. Overlay project engineering design drawings on a digital maps of site analysis model.
Modeling and Analytic Capabilities include:
- Existing conditions and infrastructure mapping.
- Land use, ownership, and resources mapping.
- Site selection and prioritization.
- Project site impact analysis.
- 3-D visualization and viewshed analysis.
- 3-D simulation and route fly-through using Google EarthTM
- Streamlined data analysis through the development of automated productivity tools.
- Creation of Federal Geographic Data Committee compliant metadata for all datasets – properly documenting information about your data (i.e. source, accuracy, use limitations, attribute definitions) is critical in maintaining the long-term value and sustainability of your project.